Other ultrasound diagnostic methods
Ultrasound of neck gives the insight into the state of thyroid gland, parathyroid, salivary glands and lymph glands in the neck area. This examination is needed in cases of disorders of the mentioned organs, as well as in case of each swelling and pain in neck.
Ultrasound of breasts is performed once a year or more often if there is a suspicion of a disease or changes on breasts. Considering women older than 30, it is recommended to have ultrasound of breasts every 6 months.
Colour Doppler of blood vessels is ultrasound method which analyses the state of veins and arteries. This examination is needed in cases of:
1. vertigo, dizziness, headaches
2. pains, cramps, swellings, weakness, changes in colour and temperature of arms and legs
3. in all other states decided by a doctor
Muscular-skeleton ultrasound is diagnostic method which allows visualisation of joints, tendons, ligaments, muscles, nerves and soft tissues. This method is non-invasive, painless, without any radiation.
It is applied in:
1. early diagnostics of rheumatic illnesses
2. differential diagnostics
3. follow-up of therapy efficiency
4. trocentesis and punction of liquids in tendon cover under visual control by ultrasound
5. spots medicine
6. orthopaedics (injuries of muscular-skeleton system, follow up of hips development in children)